Saturday, July 28, 2007

Less Collecting EI Benefits


Stats Canada is saying that 1.3% less people are collecting Employment Insurance benefits as compared to May 2006 (from May 2007), and the biggest drops were in Quebec and Ontario, so that is a good thing (living in Ontario).

More interestingly is that the amount of money being paid out by the scheme dropped a great deal, so the government is saving money in this area as well. So far in my working career I have not claimed EI benefits (I state that not as a boast, more as the fact that I am just lucky).

The Citizen had an article about how Ottawa in specific suffered a great deal of exodus during the High Tech Melt down with many people moving away from the Nation's Capital? Can't find the article on line, but will be researching that further. It is interesting to me because Ottawa keeps growing in size every year, so where are all these people working? Hope not the Government.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home